Conferences and seminars
- Localizing Human Rights Roundtables: University of Antwerp | 19 – 20 September 2017
- Law and Development Research Conference: A View from the Global South: Call for papers 2017 Law&Dev Research Conf, University of Antwerp | 20 – 22 September 2017: conference website
- From 14 to 16 September 2016, the network co-organized the conference ‘European Law & Development Research: Past, present, future’, in Ostend. See European Law and Development.
- On 2-3 February 2015, the network hosted an international seminar in preparation of the European law and development conference that will take place from 14 to 16 September 2016. Law and development scholars from across Europe gathered for two days of intensive discussion and agreed to jointly organize a stocktaking conference on the future of law and development scholarship in Europe in the Autumn of 2016. At the preparatory meeting, the universities of Leiden (Van Vollenhoven Institute), Tilburg, Berlin, Abo, Warwick, Bern (WTI), Antwerp, Gent and Brussels were represented.
- On 10-11 June 2015, the network co-organized the sixth edition of the International Seminar on Indigenous Peoples EMPI VI in Ghent. See more here.
- On 8 December 2011, the European Parliament Development Committee discussed the right to development. Mr. Antonio Vigilante (Director United Nations Brussels) and Prof. De Feyter (on behalf of the Law&Dev network) addressed the audience and participated in the debate.
- On 27-29 March 2014, the closing conference of GLOTHRO took place in Åbo, Turku, Finland. See Conference announcement “Beyond State Obligations in International Human Rights Law – Towards Common Principles on the Obligations of Multiple Global Actors” in pdf here
- On 19-21 May 2011, the GLOTHRO conference took place at Antwerp University. See here the programme in pdf
- On 6 May 2011, guest lecturer of the network Amita Punj delivered the keynote address at the launch event of the network in the Flemish Parliament.