Mission Statement of LAW&DEV
The Interuniversity Network on Law and Development (LAW&DEV) unites researchers at the law faculties of the Flemish universities engaged in research and education on the interaction between law and development, both within domestic societies and within the international community.
LAW&DEV promotes excellent research and education in law and development with a specific focus on the rights of disadvantaged persons and groups.
The Network aims at demonstrating the relevance of the legal discipline to development, while fully encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration.
The activities of the Network may include:
- a. The organization of an annual research day on law and development, serving as a forum for affiliated researchers to share ideas and to connect with the international research environment;
- b. The appointment of a Visiting Scholar on an annual basis, who will provide a series of guest lectures at the relevant institutions and/or collaborate in joint research efforts;
- c. The creation of an interuniversity course on law and development;
- d. The setting up of joint research projects;
- e. The creation of a publication series;
- f. The organization of international conferences, connecting to the global research environment;
- g. The conclusion of cooperation agreements with similar centres across the globe.